Social Media Quick Tip: Set a Custom URL on LinkedIn
It’s always a good idea to set your own uniform resource locator (URL), aka Web address, on every platform that allows it. We’ve already covered how to do that on Facebook here. Because more and more police officers are joining LinkedIn these days, here’s how to set your own URL there.
After you log in to LinkedIn:
1) In the upper right corner, in the pull-down menu where your name is, select Settings.
2) In the bottom half of the page, select Profile if it isn’t selected by default.
3) Over to the right under Settings, select Edit your public profile.
4) Then, on the right-hand side, in the second section, look for Your public profile URL.
5) Click Customize and enter the name of your liking.
This Social Media Quicktip was previously published on LawOfficer.com.